Speed Dreams Open Source Motorsport Simulator
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Speed Dreams is a Motorsport Simulator featuring high-quality 3D graphics and an accurate physics engine, all targeting maximum realism. Initially forked from TORCS, it has now reached a clearly higher realism level in visual and physics simulation, thanks to its active development team and growing community. It mainly aims to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, while constantly pushing forward visual and physics realism. It is also intended for any research, study or teaching activity, around physics and AI, thanks to its GPL V2+ license, and the clear and modular architecture of its C/C++ code base.
Lastest version (2.3.0):
Here are some of the most important new features of this version:
- Added tire temperature and degradation in Supercars, 67GP, MPA11 and MPA12 categories, in addition to the existing MP1.
- New widgets for the HUD in OSG, such as tires, forces, delta or controls, in addition to the existing ones.
- New sounds in the game menus, as well as in the gear shift, tire skid or some car engines.
- New options in sound menu, and In-game volume adjustment.
- New interiors and animated drivers in some Supercars models, like the Boxer 96, Cavallo 360, FMC GT4, and the Kanagawa Z35 GT-S.
- Now is possible to change the car setup inside the game. Also you can also choose the initial fuel and steering wheel rotation degrees displayed on the game screen.
- New cars like the Mango MS7 and the Murasama 37A, both in the "1967 Grand Prix" category
- New cars and robots in MPA12 category: Deckard and Spirit added to existing Murasama cars
- New track based on the Melbourne circuit.
- Added lots of new skins for various cars, especially in the LS-GT1 category
- A huge work on trackeditor with tons of new features, corrections and optimizations
- Added temperature in wheel widget in SSG graphic engine.
- Lots of fixes and optimizations on the tire model. Now is more easy to get the tires on optimal temp
- Lots of new robots in many categories
- Better braking on shadow and dandroid robots
- Better support for multi-display systems.
- New Windows complete installer. All the official contents of the game in a single file.
- New official website and domain: https://speed-dreams.net
- Start-up of the new masterserver (https://speed-dreams.net/masterserver/). It is necessary to register again to be able to use it and send our best times.
- New accounts on Twitter and Mastodon Social Networks: https://twitter.com/speeddreams_oms and https://mastodon.social/web/@speed_dreams_official
- New video channels on Youtube and Peertube (LinuxRocks): https://www.youtube.com/@speeddreams_oms and https://peertube.linuxrocks.online/c/speed_dreams_oms/videos
- You can also download Speed Dreams on our new Itch.io web: https://speed-dreams.itch.io/speed-dreams
- Lots of Fixes, optimizations and of course, code cleanup
Complete Changelog on this link.
As usual, you can find the installers for Windows and MacOS, as well as the AppImage , Flatpak and Ubuntu PPA for GNU/Linux, and of course the Source Code in our Downloads section.
Finally, we have recorded this video to show you the new features mentioned above. We hope you like it:
|Updated||13 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Author||Speed Dreams Motorsport Simulator|
|Tags||3D, linux, macos, motorsport, Open Source, windows|
|Code license||GNU General Public License v2.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Source code, Twitter, Mastodon, YouTube, Peertube, Support, Community, AppImageHub|
- Release 2.3.013 days ago
- New 2.3.0 Release Candidate48 days ago
- New 2.3.0 Beta 1 ReleaseOct 22, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.